This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

We celebrated Mother’s Day this past Sunday, so I made a special article just for my mom and all moms out there! Funny thing is, my mom might not even read this unless I show it to her. This goes out to all the beautiful and hardworking moms in the world, especially my mom. <3 

1. Favorite Trip 

Out of all the trips we’ve been to whether its to North Carolina, Peru, etc, my favorite trip that we have gone is either to Florida with my aunts and cousins or to Texas to visit the people we consider our second family. During these trips, you were just so overjoyed and happy to be with family as it is hard for all of us to get together nowadays. Although they were short trips, we made the most out of it and made lifelong memories from it. Hope to go back soon :) 

1. Thank you for… 

Always being the shoulder to cry on and for always looking out for my little brother and I. Thank you for going to almost every ceremony, sports game, and competition that I was in. There is definitely no one as strong, caring, and supportive as you. Thank you for also getting my brother involved in sports and the arts, especially since you were never into that as a child. Thank you for being my mom.  

1. Favorite memory 

One memory that I always think of now and then is when we were driving to who remembers where and suddenly, there was a line of geese just crossing the street. Assuming you’d be patient and just stare at them, you started cursing at them and honking the horn, immediately making my little brother and I laugh. My brother and I were never expecting that from you so it was hilarious. That is definitely one of my favorite memories of you and it happened years ago too so it’ll never leave my brain.  

1. The best thing about my mom is… 

How patient and warmhearted you are especially in this crazy and upsetting world. How she can work through the toughest situations. How she makes sure to work hard for my brother and I to live under a roof and a plate every day. How she is willing to rewatch Jane the Virgin with me. How she reminds us constantly that we will always have each other’s backs. How she gets along with all my friends. How you push me to do the very best I can without draining myself at the same time. How you were both a mother and father figure in my life. How you take photos at almost every event. And her spaghetti of course. 

1. Things that make my mom happy 

Coffee. Notice how I put coffee first and not my brother and I. I hope my brother and I do, just kidding, I know we make you happy. Candles, especially from Kohls. Our chunky monkey, Prince. Seeing all A’s and no B’s. Not having to work. Telenovelas. Sleeping but okay me too. The beach which I love and we both love it which is so cool. Our family that is not only from NJ, but all over. Other stuff too but you get the idea. 

All moms deserve the universe and back for all that they do and Mother’s Day shouldn’t just be on one day as we should always appreciate and love our moms. This article is for my mom as it has already been a very tough and long year even if we are in May, but she reminds me to keep moving forward and to think positively and not negatively. I love you mami <3 

hii! My name is Camila and I love to play sports, watch Disney and Marvel Movies, and listen to music! Dogs and dolphins are my favorite animals.