freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

BYE Valentines Day! Hello Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

February. ah yes February. The shortest month of the year is jam packed with events like Black History Month, President’s Day, Groundhog day, freezing weather and of course the dreaded or well-anticipated Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s day is a time for amore, romance and loving on your boo thang. People are showered in hugs, kisses, flowers, chocolates and gifts. It’s the one day where everyone collectively expresses their love to their significant other. But to singles, especially single ladies (HEY!), this can be the dreaded reminder that you’re still alone and you’ll be spending this day in sweats, watching netflix and exclaiming “woe is me”. Why mope around about your non-existent love life. Why not have some FUN! Amirite? Instead of Valentines Day why not celebrate Galentines day. You heard me right? GALentine’s Day. A day dedicated to you and your gal pals! Ladies Unite! The brilliant and beautiful mind of Leslie Knope bestowed upon us this wonderful holiday. On February 13th a woman shall leave behind her family, her lover, and any other male in her life and get turnt with her girlfriends. Ladies will celebrate friendship, food, and sisterhood. If you’re clueless on what you can do for Galentines day, then here are some fun ideas.

1.Go out to eat. You, your girlfriends, your female coworkers, maybe your mom. Schedule a brunch or breakfast and just enjoy each other’s company.

2. Do something new and exciting. Try something new like Escape Rooms. There’s nothing better than being locked in a room with the people you love and appreciate.

3. Go ice skating or rollerblading.

4. Do some sightseeing in the city.

5. Go Bowling

5. Get glammed up. Manis. Pedis. Hair. Makeup. JUST DO IT

6. Take a group paint & sip class.

It doesn’t matter what you plan to do. There are 24 hours in a day that you can dedicate to having a good time with your friends. Choose them wisely and make the memories last.

Hey! How ya doing? The name's Brianna but I prefer to be called Bri. I'm a junior at William Paterson University. Treasurer and Staff Writer of Her Campus.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"