sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 films for the Halloween season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love apple picking, pumpkin craving, cooler weather and fall colors but mostly becuase of Halloween. Come October 1st, stations begin playing ghost hunting shows, there are loads of haunting attactions and scary movie marathons. Here are 5 movies to get you into the Halloween spirit.

1. Young Frankenstein

Based on Mary Shelly’s classic, this 1970 comedy will leave you laughing from beginning to end. Trust me, it was voted one of the funniest movies of all time.

2. Hocus Pocus

Meet the Sandeson sisters, three witches who return to Salam, Massachusetts on Halloween after the black flame candle was lit. This Halloween staple is great for both kids and adults, just be careful they will put a spell on you.

3. Halloweentown

Travel to Halloweentown this season and hang out with some of your favorite witches, ghosts, werewolves and pumpkin heads. This has been a Disney Channel favorite since its premiere in 1998.

4. Rocky Horror Picture Show

Need I say more?! If you have never seen it, you should. It won’t disappoint.

5. The Nightmare Before Christmas

This Tim Burton classic started out as poem before it was turned into a feature film. Get to know Jack Skellington, a skeleton known as the Pumpkin King. Bored of scary people he eventually travels to Christmas Town and becomes obessed with the holiday. During his time there he tries to assume the role of Santa. What happens next? Watch the film to find out!

Jessica Reitter is senior majorig in Pubic Relation with minor in Interpesonal Communications. When she is not busy working or doing homework, she loves to work out, hike, go to the beach and listen to country music.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"