3 Outfits to Help Transition Your Style Into Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Hey there, pretty collegiettes. We’ve finally entered the season of the PSL (pumpkin spice latte). Love the return of all our fall favorites? We do, too. But sometimes the transition into autumn can make it tricky to dress, especially when the weather forecast reads something like 48 degrees for your 8 a.m. and 76 for your 2 p.m. Don’t fear, though; here are three outfit ideas to keep your summer pieces still at play while getting you into the spirit of fall.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Kimonos were a staple piece during the summertime, along with peasant-top embroidery. A way to keep these pieces through the season is to of course, layer up and add great textures to your outfit. As seen on the New York runway this past week, textures are hot this year and will continue into the spring. Add a kimono with a heavier material to add warmth and depth to the outfit. Pairing a suede or wool wide-brimmed hat is completely appropriate for the fall. Adding a lightweight, dark-colored scarf adds more ease to this outfit. A great way to complete the look is with a pair of camel colored booties with a thick heel — completely on trend and still very classic. 

A Comfortable Edge

Lace scalloped shorts were also a huge trend this summer, and a nice way to transition them into the fall is adding a cute pair of textured tights. A comfy jumper keeps the look relaxed, but adding a faux-leather cut-out bootie adds some edge to the ensemble.

Easy Breezy

I know this outfit looks as basic as it gets, but a crop top to class can go so wrong so fast. Pairing your favorite crop top with a pair of high-waisted and tailored trousers adds so much class to what could be a typical outfit. Add a great pair of ballerina flats, and a cute and clean outfit is guarenteed. For an added touch, a fuzzy cardigan is completley on trend and everywhere — try Forever21 or Cotton On for more affordable options!

In the words of Tom Ford, “Fashion is what you buy; style is what you do with it.”

Hope you enjoy the season of apple cider, collegiettes!

Photo Credits: Courtesy of Ana Valentin on Polyvore.com

Ana Valentin is a freshman at William Paterson with a wrong major in Environmental Science but will be transferring in the spring to Elementary Special Education and English Creative Writing, She has a burning love for all things glitter, beautiful, and fashionable. You'll probably find her in the student cafe sucking down a machiatto. If you do, feel free to say hello. She likes those too.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"