10 TV Cliques We’d Love to Join

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

With summer ending and school starting, fall is right around the corner. While we are sad to say goodbye to the long, hot days of summer, with autumn comes the return of many of our favorite TV shows. Since we’re sure you can’t wait to see the faces of your favorite actors back in your living room, we took a second and made a list of ten TV series friend groups from over the years we could totally see ourselves being a part of.

10. One Tree Hill

Even though One Tree Hill had a bit of a cast makeover post-high school years, every girl wanted to be attending Tree Hill High School at some point or another throughout the series. High school would have been a little bit better with boys like Lucas and Nathan Scott in class, that’s for sure. Being best friends with Brooke Davis would mean constant adventure but also a loyal friend. Not to mention Haley James—that maternal friend everyone has who takes care of everyone and is always so moral. Plus, she can help you with your math homework. Last but not least, Peyton Sawyer is a friend you can brood with and listen to some killer albums with, because she’s the friend who always has her ear on the pulse of music. All in all, the One Tree Hill gang definitely had a solid high school career and group of friends.

9. Scrubs

While most TV shows set in hospitals tend to be drama, Bill Lawrence gave us nine years of laughs with Scrubs. BFF’s JD and Turk are always up to something. Their friend Elliot, played by Sarah Chalke, embodies every awkward thought, moment, and interaction we’ve had in our lives. While Turk’s wife Carla is the nurturing mother goose of the four who you just want to get a hug from when you’ve had a bad day. Plus, who would mind getting to see their friends at work? If working at a hospital is as fun as these friends make it seem to be, maybe there would be more doctors.

8. Pretty Little Liars

All right, so maybe having your best friend missing and ‘A’ stalking you isn’t exactly what you would call “living the dream,” but if you can deal with those two things then being friends with the pretty little liars doesn’t sound half bad. Borrowing an outfit from any one of the girls would be like stepping off a runway. Let’s not forget the endless supply of drool-worthy guys Rosewood seems to have. The best thing about being friends with these girls, though, is that you know they can keep a secret.

7. Sex and The City

SatC may be focused on the friendship of four thirty/forty-something-year-olds, but Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda have an envy-worthy friendship. Lunch and dinner dates with your three besties on the regular, invites to all the best clubs and parties, thanks to your pal Samantha, and in the exciting city of New York. If my social life is as active as these girls’ it’s only because I’ve somehow found three friends just like them. Also, we all could use a shopping day with a friend whose closet looks like Carrie Bradshaw’s—stacked with all the shoes a girl could dream of. Here’s to hoping the shoe fits!

[pagebreak]

6. Freaks and Geeks

One of the most underrated shows, Freaks and Geeks had a short lived life of just one season. Judd Apatow managed to give us the coolest group of guy friends a high school girl could hope to have. Let’s list them: swoon-worthy James Franco, the adorable Jason Segal, and always hilarious Seth Rogen are the last three guys your parents want to see you hanging out with. But your rebellious side sees the fun they bring into your life. On-set or off, hanging out with these three boys would definitely produce some good times.

5. The Walking Dead

While the Walking Dead gang doesn’t get to have what we would call normal relationships, they are definitely the ones we would want to be facing the zombie apocalypse with. Rick seriously takes control of the group and will always reassure you. Darryl had a ridiculously rugged childhood and is tougher than nails. That plus his general bad-boy attitude make us want him around all the time. Maggie and Glen are the cutest zombie-killing couple and are always looking out for other people. They’re all looking out for one another all the time, which is what the best kind of friends do. But if zombies do start trying to eat us, we can sleep a little easier with friends like these guys.

4. Big Bang Theory

The Big Bang Theory made nerds cool. Leonard and Sheldon may be a little awkward at first glance, when you get to know them you’ll realize they, and their friends Wallowitz and Raj, are just as fun as they are smart. You can always count on Leonard to be a shoulder to cry on and Sheldon to supply a quick quip that will make you laugh. The best thing about these guys is they are always down to stay in and order Chinese food—as long as you don’t sit in Sheldon’s spot.  While the boys’ skills are definitely more in academia than socialization, we can’t help but love the group of geeky scientists. Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock, anyone?

3. New Girl

Zooey Deschanel on New Girl makes us all want to pack up and find ourselves some awesome male roommates. Schmidt is the hilarious plutonic guy best friend we all wish we had, the older brother we’ve all said we wanted at least once in our lives, who can give us a good opposite-sex perspective. Winston is the balance, a peaceful friend who doesn’t mind getting emotional with you. Nick is the guy friend who you’ve got a little bit of chemistry with — though you may not want to admit it — and, let’s face it, you may or may not have thought about making out with him. And let’s not forget Jess — the happy-go-lucky best friend who can be both your wing-woman and bridesmaid. Hope these four can fit one more roommate!

2. Friends

What kind of a list would this be if it didn’t have the iconic group of friends we all know and can’t help but love? Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Joey and Phoebe are all just quirky enough to feel like people you could actually meet in real life. It’s also super-convenient that half your friends would live within steps from your kitchen. We all know somewhere deep down we have wished we were sitting on that couch with these guys at Central Perk listening to Phoebe’s hilariously horrible musical career over the years.

1. How I Met Your Mother

With the Polaroid Picture’s capturing the types of moments we all want to remember as the intro to each episode, it’s no wonder How I Met Your Mother has such an awesome group of friends. In its ninth season, Barney, Robin, Ted, Lily, and Marshall are still the coolest people on our TVs. Whether they’re hanging out in their booth or on an adventure, we all wish there could be another seat we that we could join. Lily and Marshall are always there with the advice you need to hear—and Barney with the fun you need to have. Robin is always down for an adventure and can be your go-to girl. Last but not least, Ted is the embarrassingly romantic friend who just can’t seem to catch a break sometimes. All together, these five characters make a legen—wait for it—dary group of friends. 

Photo Sources:

http://www.thewb.com/media/107…
http://images.tvrage.com/shows…
http://media.tumblr.com/378dcc…
http://canbebitter.files.wordp…
http://www.curatormagazine.com…
http://static1.purebreak.com/a…@/153976-fs-diapo-3.jpg
http://www.widewallz.com/wp-co…
http://cdn.superbwallpapers.co…

Nicole attends William Paterson University and is majoring in English with a concentration in writing. She is 21 and lives in Livingston, NJ. She loves to read, watch Netflix, and nap as often as she can. She also loves her dog and anything feline-related.
Christine is the Co-Founder and former Editor-in-Chief of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus. She graduated summa cum laude in May 2015 with BAs in English Literature and Secondary Education and a minor in Creative Writing. Christine currently lives in Maryland and likes to visit Washington, DC (but a little part of her will always miss New Jersey). She loves to edit and aspires to write the great American novel... eventually. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, hanging out with her husband and corgi puppy, fangirling over Marvel superheroes and Rothy's shoes, and watching Netflix.