This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WMU chapter.

Major: Business Finance

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Kalamazoo MI                                             

Interests: Sports, the mountains, snowboarding, music, cars, and chillin’ on my stoop.

An Interesting Fact: I love traveling and being outside.

What song on your iPod is on repeat? “Love King” by The Dream

What is your favorite thing to do in the winter? Get some coffee at Water Street Coffee Joint then snuggle up to watch a movie.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you? My real name is Nathan.

What do you look for in a girl? Someone that’s beautiful, inside and out, personable, honest, flirtatious, and we would have to have chemistry!

What is your favorite pick up line? “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.”

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Took a girl to Chicago for the weekend!

If you could only bring 3 things on a deserted island, what would they be? You, because I would get really lonely, matches so I can keep my baby girl warm and so we won’t starve! And a football to pass the time.

What is your favorite WMU memory? WMU tailgates!

Katie King is a senior at Western Michigan University majoring in journalism and minoring in anthropology and gender and women's studies. This will be her second year writing for HerCampus and before that she wrote for the Western Herald. She also wrote for L7 women's magazine in the summer of 2012. In her spare time Katie likes to hang out with friends, watch reruns of old shows and talk about why Chicago is better than Michigan. When she graduates she hopes to move to New York with her tabby cat, Ellie and write for a fashion magazine. However, she changes her mind quite often so who knows where she will end up!