WM Bucket List: 10 Things To Do Before the Semester Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

With less than 2 months of the semester left (wait, what?) some of us are experiencing our final  moments as students on the William & Mary campus. For seniors, exchange students, and those leaving to go abroad in the fall, the time here seems to have flown by. As for me, I’m leaving to go abroad next semester. And as excited as I am, I’m not looking forward to the realization that I’ll be a second semester junior when I return to our campus; I feel like I just arrived for move-day.

Our campus is so unique and filled with numerous opportunities, it’s hard to take advantage of everything offered at the College in a short 4 (or less) years. While reminiscing back at the time I’ve spent here so far, I made a list of 10 activities, things you can’t do anywhere else, I think a William & Mary student should do before they graduate.

1. Eat breakfast at Marketplace. They stop serving at 10 AM, so you’ll have to get up early to make it in time (10 is early for me, I’m not a morning person). But trust me, it’s worth it. I personally recommend the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit, but I’ve also heard that the breakfast burrito is definitely worth the trek to Marketplace.
  2. Go on a coffee date at the Daily Grind. Whether you’re catching up with a friend, or meeting someone for an actual date, the music, friendly faces, and café atmosphere of the Grind provide a much cuter alternative to a Swem date and a much cheaper (and less awkward) one than the Blue Talon or the Trellis.
  3. Do the Triathlon. As most of us know, this consists of jumping the wall at the Governor’s Palace, streaking the Sunken Gardens, and swimming in the Crim Dell. Personally, I haven’t done any of these. With my luck, I would end up banned from Colonial Williamsburg, walking back to my apartment with no clothes, and coming down with some sort of illness from the bacteria in the Crim Dell. But you should definitely try it, it’s tradition, right?
  4. Spend a night out at the Units. Yes, they might not be the coolest of places to party. But come on, it’s so classic William & Mary. With new fraternity housing being built in the coming year, the time of the units being the place for wandering freshmen to go during orientation, as well as the home of W&M Greek life, is coming to an end.
  5. Eat lunch at the Business School. From flat-breads to burgers, the Boehly Cafe in the B-school has lunch that far exceeds a normal day at Sadler. This beautiful spring weather makes it an even better place to have lunch, you can bring your food outside to the patio! And the best part? THEY TAKE FLEX!
  6. Study at the Law School. I haven’t tried this one out yet, but I’ve heard that quite a few William & Mary law students are hot. And let’s be real, it’s not like the our male undergraduate population is overflowing with attractive and single guys…
  7. Late night Wawa. From a drunken meatball sub that you don’t remember eating the next day, to a riveting interaction with Wawa Pam, Wawa is simply something that as a W&M student, you have to experience.
  8. Spend an hour (or a whole afternoon) on the terrace. Sitting on the terrace reminds you of how much of a community our college really is. It’s pretty hard to sit at one of the green tables without seeing at least one friend or acquaintance! The seemingly small size of our school is one of the main reasons why I chose to go here over other universities.
  9. Hook up in an academic building. Wren? Tyler? If you’re brave enough…Swem?  You know someone who has done it, so why not try this not-so-traditional tradition for yourself?
  10. Get Cheesy fries from College Deli. Drunk or sober, they are absolutely amazing. Maybe not amazing for a well-balanced and healthy, but delectable nonetheless.

So there you have it. My list of 10 things everything William & Mary student should accomplish. You have 7 weeks until graduation and the end of exams…….GO!

Lydia is a senior at the College of William & Mary. She is an American Studies major with a Psychology minor.  Lydia is the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus: William & Mary, maintains an active role in her sorority, and works at a frozen yogurt shop. This summer Lydia was an editorial intern at The Daily Meal in New York City.