Style Spotlight: Steph Faucher ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Steph is wearing a vintage ‘80s dress, patterned scarf from Munich, and lace-up wedges from Italy with patterned tights.

Major(s): History and Economics 

What inspires your style choices?

I’m very influenced by the ‘80s (I have a lot of my mom’s clothes)!  I guess I’m also inspired by European fashions since I grew up there. 

What does “being stylish” mean to you?

Being stylish doesn’t mean wearing what’s in style, it’s about wearing what looks good on you!

What is your favorite fashion season and why?

I’d probably say spring is my favorite! I love wearing dresses, skirts, and heels. I just think everyone dresses better in spring because it’s warm; it’s a happier time, so people probably put in more effort. Plus it’s always nice not to wear six layers of clothing.

What is your favorite way to accessorize?

Belts! I have an hourglass shape and elongated torso, so I use belts to accentuate my figure. Belting is the way to go! I’m also always wearing some sort of jewelry.

What are your favorite places to shop?

I only moved to the US permanently last summer, but back in Europe I loved H&M. Here, I don’t have a favorite store, but if I see something I like, I’ll try it on. I love vintage stores and believe that clothing is one of those things that is totally recyclable, and that’s why I don’t really like to follow trends.

If you were stranded on a desert island with one fashion item, what would it be and why?

I have a brass-knuckle clutch that’s practical and pretty, so it’d make sense to bring something really useful like that.