Sleep, Food, and Candy Corn: The Top Ten Reasons We Need Fall Break, Stat.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

10) With break falling right in the middle of midterms, it’s time to ditch the books for a Snuggie, curl up in front of the TV, and give the brain a break with hours of mindless television.

9) At this time of year, cravings for good water pressure and a comfortable bed outweigh even the biggest cravings for The Cheese Shop or MooYah.

8) It’s time to stock up on candy corn, apple cider, and some serious Halloween decorations; the more the better.

7) After weeks of the same dining hall meals every day, it’s time for some home cooked meals (or at least a dinner out that doesn’t cut into laundry money).

6) Speaking of laundry, Express is running low, quarters require escapades across campus, and hampers are overflowing. The need for clean clothes is escalating quickly.

5) The all-nighters are starting to catch up to everyone. In fact, many people might just sleep through all of Fall Break. At least they’ll be ready to slaughter their exams when they get back.

4) Between Parent’s Weekend and the Dalai Lama, everyone needs some peace and quiet before the hubbub of Homecoming and hoards of alumni that are sure to take campus by storm.

3) Zip Cars are expensive, public transit is exhausting, and everyone’s feet are too sore to walk another step. It’s time to get behind the wheel and drive.

2) With Clue Week (or Big-Little Week) coming up for sororities, the Bigs need to get crafty in time to spoil their latest additions to the family.

1) Those short-shorts simply won’t cut it when the weather drops to 40 degrees. Take a note from the kids walking around in layers of short sleeves – it’s time to boot out the summer clothes and welcome chunky sweaters, warms scarves, and boots!

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter