This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

With so much of the construction being finished on campus, it’s exciting to see some much-needed upgrades. You’ve probably heard rumors about a Starbucks on campus (finally!), but if you’re like me and take exclusively humanities classes, you may not have passed it on your way through the ISC 3.

Well, there’s good news! The Element Café is finally here and it is proudly serving up Starbucks coffee right in the middle of campus. I went by to visit and here’s what I thought:

Coffee: For an unofficial Starbucks location, there was a good variety of iced tea, coffee, hot chocolate and frappucinos. There were also plenty of premade Starbucks drinks. The frappucinos seem to be the most popular, but I stuck with my favorite white hot chocolate.

Food: In addition to some pastries, like muffins and bagels, there are some prepackaged salads and yogurt parfaits that you might recognize from marketplace. There are also sandwiches available for when you don’t have the time to make it all the way to Sadler or the Caf.

Atmosphere: The Element Café is situated centrally in the atrium of the ISC 3 and matches the modern feel of the rest of the building. There is plenty of seating, and it’s fairly quiet so it’s great for meeting friends or for getting some work done.

Price: The prices were standard for Starbucks drinks. The biggest perk is that it takes both dining dollars and express, unlike the Starbucks in the Barnes and Noble in Merchant’s Square.

Wait time: The lines are fairly short, for now at least! There’s a good chance it will get busier as more people find out about this hidden gem.

There’s no need to walk to Merchant’s Square or travel to far off New Town to get your favorite Starbucks! I would definitely recommend a visit to the Element Café, open Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM.

Abby is a current senior at William & Mary majoring in English and minoring in French. She plans to attend law school after college. When she isn't in class, she can be found knitting, drinking coffee way too late at night and trying to play frisbee.