Read, Watch, Listen: November 9, 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

After a brief hiatus, Read, Watch, Listen is back with a whole new roundup of entertainment picks. Check them out!

Read:

• Bonfire by Krysten RitterJessica Jones star Krysten Ritter is out with her debut novel this week. Bonfire, a thriller, tells the story of a woman who returns to her hometown to investigate environmental corruption and old secrets. This novel looks to be perfect for fans of Gillian Flynn and Ruth Ware.
  • Heather, the Totality by Matthew Weiner—Weiner, the creator of the popular television show Mad Men, has come out with his first fiction novel. Heather, the Totality, follows Heather, a teenage girl in New York City, as she grows and crosses paths with the manipulative Bobby. The novel has been described as “Hitchcock-ian suspense,” making it a perfect fall read. Bonus: With a page count of 144, you could easily finish this novel in a weekend.  

Watch:

• Lady Bird—Saoirse Ronan stars in Greta Gerwig’s solo directorial debut. Ronan stars as Christine “Lady Bird” McPherson, a teenager who is rebelling before she heads off to college. This film is incredibly sweet/funny, an Oscar contender, and has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes! What more could you want? See this film early before it hits it big!
  • Search Party—This dark comedy flew under the radar when it debuted on TBS last year. The show follows Dory, a twenty-something, who along with her boyfriend and friends, starts to investigate the disappearance of a college acquaintance. The show is not your typical comedy and will keep you guessing throughout. The second season premieres on TBS on November 19, but you can watch the entire first season for free on the TBS website, or the TBS app.

Listen:

• Taylor Swift’s Reputation—Whether you love her or can’t stand her, Taylor Swift has become an essential part of the pop-culture zeitgeist. So check out her new album, Reputation, when it drops on November 10, so you too can spend the entire weekend developing conspiracy theories about who the songs are about. 

Main image source

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.