Girl Rising Screening at William and Mary brought to you by HerCampus and Intel

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

In education, there is potential and power. This is a truth most of us have come to accept (and why we are applying for scholarships and taking on loans to even be here). But for many girls across the world, they are denied an education and the independence that comes with it. They are denied their own agency and told to step aside for the boys. They fall victim to a system in which men and women are raised to believe that women are the lesser.

But there are girls across the world rising up to take back their agency, stand for their right to an education. From Cambodia to Sierra Leone, you can find the girl rising.

Girl Rising is a documentary by Academy Award-nominated director Richard E. Robbins. It was created in association with 10×10, a global campaign for girls’ education.

On Thursday, April 18th, at 7pm in Tyler 102, join us for a screening of Girl Rising complete with snacks sponsored by Intel. Get the word out about Girl Rising and encourage your friends to help the girl rise. Don’t forget to RSVP and invite people on facebook.

Watch the trailer and join Her Campus William and Mary at the screening.

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter