College Cambio: W&M’s New Social Network

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

For those of you who haven’t caught on to the latest buzz, there is a new site designed for William and Mary students called CollegeCambio.com created for William and Mary students by William and Mary students. It’s a forum-based website that covers probably anything you could ask for in a William and Mary-based site—from a board to try to arrange rides with other students, to a board to find tutors, and even a board to coordinate and find people willing to swap classes with you!

The site is organized into subforums for easy navigation. There is a board for selling textbooks, which has subforums for each subject, allowing user to easily find exactly what they need without having to dig through pages of irrelevant posts. Users can create a profile that contains basic information and sign up using their email.wm.edu email address—this way the site stays with the students.

Drew Wilke, the President of the Class of 2015 has begun using the site in order to open a dialog about ideas for events and fundraisers for the class. Other students are using it to sell items like they might on craigslist or offer tutoring services. Another popular feature on the site is the forum devoted to class reviews. It’s organized into subforums dedicated to each subject. It’s a great way to get a picture of what a class entails and how a professor approaches his or her subject.

The CollegeCambio team is excellent about responding to feedback. They even added a board recently dedicated to upcoming events—an excellent place to advertise your organization’s events! Any student looking for ideas on what to do next weekend—either with their friends or on a date—can take a peek on the events board and be in the know about all the exciting events going on that may not make it on to Student Happenings—especially helpful since most of us don’t read the whole email. In addition, a board devoted to suggestions has been set up to better serve the William and Mary community.

The site is still in its beginning stages but holds promise thanks to its easy-to-understand organization, excellent understanding of the William and Mary students’ needs, and intuitive system of posting. It is rapidly growing and could be the next big thing here on campus!

I'm a fashion-obsessed Business major at William and Mary.   I'm currently studying abroad at the London College of Fashion!  I am the President of HC W&M!  I love the ocean, working out, and extreme couponing.  This summer I interned with Marie Claire in NYC-- my dream internship!   Get to know me more on my fashion/style blog, "All Dolled Up"--->  www.dylanmaureen.blogspot.com