Campus Cutie: Barry Stevenson, 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Name & Year in School: Barry Stevenson, Freshman
Major: Pre-med, Bio major
Relationship Status: (Newly) Single!
What you are hoping to get involved in on-campus: Greek Life, AMP looks cool, and club lax/basketball
What’s the first thing you notice when a girl walks into a room? “It’s gotta be the eyes; my mother tells me it’s the key to every girl’s heart.”
What are you most excited about or for this year? Entering college with an open mind and meeting all kinds of different people. I want to try things I normally wouldn’t back at home.
Your favorite thing a girl can wear in the summertime: “Every girl looks better in a sundress.” – Atmosphere
What’s the highest priority for you when considering a partner – good looks, intelligence, sense of humor, or something else? “Good looks are a given but the key is that a girl has to have an upbeat and spontaneous personality. She also has to be willing to watch chick flicks with me, especially Mean Girls and Love Actually. “
Do you have a “type” of girl, if so, what would she be like? “I’ve been around Southern Belles all my life so that would be my go-to kind of girl, but I’m willing to dabble with some Yanks.”
If you were attending a Halloween party, what would your costume be and why? “Assuming clothing is somewhat mandatory, I would be a Chip ‘n’ Dale.”
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? “Flying is a typical answer and requires energy, I would much rather teleport.”
Are you more of the non-committal or relationship type? “I am the bad guy who has a sensitive side that many girls don’t get to see, but if they do get a chance and break through that wall than I am her go to man…plus her mom will love me!”
Who’s played the most influential part in your life? “My little brother (who is 12 now) because he taught me how to be a good role model, not take life too seriously, and of course, play nerf guns!”

Harper is a junior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Marketing. A DC-Area native, she serves as Co-President at Her Campus William and Mary. She spends her summers interning in Marketing. This past summer was spent in New York City working at OppenheimerFunds as a Digital Strategy Intern, and the year before at Gannett working as a Marketing and Promotions Intern in the Social Commerce Division. She hopes to slowly accomplish a few things on her list of ridiculous dreams including hugging a walrus and voicing a named Disney character in a movie.Blog || LinkedIn || Twitter