Campus Celebrity: Courtney Duckworth ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

Year: 2015

Hometown: Woodbridge, VA

Major: Kinesiology and Health Sciences, Premed

3 words to describe yourself?

Quirky, determined, energetic

Favorite quote?

I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Spirit animal?

Dolphin

Favorite thing about the holidays?

I love that the holidays bring people together– whether it be family or old friends. I also enjoy seeing the Christmas lights and decorations…especially in Colonial Williamsburg!

What is the best gift you ever got from someone?

One of my favorite gifts is a ring that holds my mother’s first diamond. She got it for her 13th birthday and passed it down to me on my 13th birthday. It’s very small but evokes a sense of understated elegance and humbleness that reminds me of my mom. When I have a daughter, I plan to pass it down to her as well.

What is the best advice you’ve ever received?

“You can do anything you want, but you can’t do everything you want.”

Describe your fashion sense.

If I could wear sundresses everyday, I would. I’m definitely not too edgy when it comes to fashion and I love looks that are classic and effortless.

Favorite Disney princess?

Belle

Country or pop music?

Country all the way!

Celebrity crush?

Channing Tatum…gotta love a man who can dance.

Favorite thing about William & Mary?

Everything about William and Mary conveys high standards…from the history of the College to the quality of education to the students. There is truly something to learn from every student on this campus and everyone has unique talents and dreams that create an environment that pushes you to be better. The campus itself is also inspiring. The combination of students and surroundings create an atmosphere I feel so blessed to have experienced in my academic career and is definitely my favorite thing about William and Mary.