neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Tips To Have The Most Organized Dorm Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

As we all get back into the flow of things as the new semester gets underway, our rooms may look less than optimal. Running around from class to class and getting used to doing homework again isn’t easy for anyone. Here are some suggestions for keeping your room organized as life becomes a whirlwind again. 

MAKE YOUR BED!
While this doesn’t seem like an organizational tip, having your bed made gives off the impression that you have everything together. Not only is it neat and tidy, it makes tings easier at night instead of taking 10 minutes to find random things strewn about in your sheets. 

Make a chores list.

It’s easy to let things like washing your dishes or doing your laundry slip by as homework and deadlines start crowding up your mind. Don’t let little things pile up! Make a calendar and set out dates in advance to do your chores so that it doesn’t all become overwhelming.

Keep track of your food. 

This tip might seem obvious, but I cannot tell you how many times I’ve gotten up in the morning to find Cheez-It’s on my desk, grapes on my drawer, and countless other foods strewn about in my room. Not only is this messy, but it also allows other people to sneakily eat some snacks of yours and you won’t even realize it! Always close your food up and put it away in an area- either in your closet or refrigerator. 

Pack your backpack every night.

I don’t know about you, but I am very paranoid about forgetting something very important to class, especially on those mornings I wake up a little later than usual. I’ve found that packing my stuff up the night before usually helps my mornings go by smoother. I also realize that I’m more likely to remember what I need at night than in the groggy morning. 

Image from Pressloft 

Sarah Shevenock is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she served as a staff writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus William and Mary. Currently, she is a National Contributing Writer and Entertainment Blogger. In her free time, she enjoys reading voraciously, watching morning news programs, and keeping up with the latest television and movie news. She loves to talk about anything and everything related to theatre, cheer for her beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, and drink fancy coffee.