14 Thoughts Every PNM Had Going Through Recruitment 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WM chapter.

1.     OH yes, the hair and dress are soo on point right now. Wait, what was that? Not a rain drop. Right? Oh, definitely a rain drop…aaand now I bear an uncanny resemblance to Hagrid.

2.     I’M DONE. Totally just soul-mated with that entire sorority, I feel it in my bones. This is so The One. Like, I don’t even need to see the next house.

3.     Hold up…I definitely also soul-mated with the last three houses too…you can probably have four “The Ones”, right?!?!

4.     50 girls all conversing in one room? Try me, bro. I’ll just yell a bit louder, I’m sure my vocal cords can handle this!

5.     Oh snap, my voice is gone. IT’S GONE AFTER THE SECOND HOUSE.

6.     …they totally think I’m a potentially-male, pack-a-day smoker…

7.     Yep, this is it. We’re being abducted by aliens. “Panhel Toast”? Nice try–I watched this happen in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

8.     Praise the sweet Panhel gods, we can rock dem comfy shorts today! But wait I still have to be dressy too right?? Dressy and comfy. Or just comfy. I can’t do this.

9.     Real talk: sure this philanthropy vid is totes adorbs, but this snapping is pumpin’ me UP

10. What if I can’t think of anything clever to say when the sisters ask me super deep questions? Wait, “my major”? Again? Oh puh-LEASE, I totally got this.

11. Day two of sitting on the floor: still working on perfectin’ that “beached whale” pose–yes, I know I’m graceful, if you insist I will cordially accept my bid now in advance, k thx.

12.  “Boys”? What even are “boys”? I could totes major in girl-flirting at this point *hair flip*

13. Saturday night, Pref Night round is over, LET’S TURN UPPP…the white noise because it’s 10 P.M. so basically prime time to get in my jim-jams and prance into bed.

14. BID DAY!!! I ADORE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. ALL IS FABULOUS IN THE WORLD. MUCH LOVE, SO SRAT.