This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

While Thanksgiving is commonly associated with times of giving thanks, family, friends, and awesome food, let’s face it—this holiday can also be a little stressful… especially when it comes to planning your best festive ensemble. Whether you’re hosting a low-key Friendsgiving, heading home to family, dining with your boyfriend’s parents, or attending a sophisticated dinner, these looks will guarantee that you’re raved about just as much as the pecan pie.

Holiday trends this season revolve around glam dresses and skirts. This means metallic fabrics, intricate texture, and lots of sparkle. Add even more drama (and sophistication) by pairing these pieces with high-necked tanks and lots of black. For more casual events, try juxtaposing a metallic skirt with sheer black tights and a large, chunky sweater. 

As always when the temperatures start to drop, faux fur has a major presence in this season’s biggest looks. A faux fur vest adds an edge to any casual look, elevating your simplest black skinnies and tanks to a significantly greater fashion-forward level. Pair this piece with skinny jeans or jeggings to balance out the volume of the vest and accessorize with an oxblood lip. For an ultra-formal look, layer on top of a slim-fitting black cocktail dress and sport a slicked-back pony. 

The jumpsuit is not for those faint of fashion heart. Stick to dark or jewel-toned hues to show off your sophisticated side and accessorize with statement jewelry pieces. Complete the look with a pair of ankle boots or strappy heels and your favorite clutch. The best part of a jumpsuit is its versatility—you can’t go wrong with this piece at any event! 

Whether you’re getting together with friends, family, or attending a sophisticated soirée, the holidays are undeniably one of the best times of the year… and your wardrobe should be too! Amp up the volume at your next event by debuting some of the season’s biggest trends—metallic minis, faux fur, or your favorite jumpsuit. We promise you’ll steal the show.

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com