Where the Girls in Friends Would Shop Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Everyone wishes that the show Friends were still on today. There are endless questions on what everyone’s lives would be like: would Monica and Chandler have more kids, would Chandler’s jokes get any better (or worse), would Phoebe ever get a different job? Although pondering the rest of the plot is an exciting past time, as a girl who loves fashion, I started to wonder where Monica, Rachel and Phoebe would shop today. Even though the three girls are hysterical best friends, their styles are what set them apart from each other.

Monica Geller

Considering Monica cares a lot about being clean and her style shows it. She wears outfits that are clean cut and fit her nicely. She wears plain colored shirts that have something special to them. Her wardrobe contains outfits that are not too casual, but not too fancy. If Monica Geller was a real person in today’s world, most of her outfits would be from GUESS. Their clothes are pretty simple, but they also have an occasional patterned shirt in their newest additions, just like Monica’s closet. The store has some funky, yet classy outfits which would perfectly fit into Monica’s daily outfits.

Rachel Green

As if it was not the department store that she already worked at, Rachel’s wardrobe would definitely contain everything from Bloomingdale’s. By 2016, I bet Rachel’s job could afford her all the clothes she wants in order to show off her classy fashion style all day, everyday. Her sense of style has always been up to par. From the first time she showed up on the show in her wedding gown, to the daily appearances at work, and even her outfit in the final episode as she heads off to Paris, Rachel always has the best taste. Even when she is casually lounging in her apartment, she always looks fashionable.

Phoebe Buffay

Phoebe’s fashion sense has always been very interesting, just like her personality. Her bubbly, goofy personality, along with her other characteristics, comes across in her wardrobe in many ways. Her past of living on the streets and her love of guitar give her a more boho and fun look. This is why I think that if Phoebe were to go shopping now, her favorite places to go would be Urban Outfitters and Forever 21. Sometimes Phoebe’s outfits are very out there, but she still can look trendy with her outfits. She definitely could pull off some cool jewelry which she wears a lot of in the show.

Friends will always be a show enjoyable for any age. As the group grows up, we grow with them as an audience and will always wonder what the lives of each character look like as time goes on. With the styles of this dynamic trio in mind, now you can pull together an outfit any of them would wear! Stay trendy!