What to Wear: Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner! Holiday décor is creeping into department stores, hot chocolate and mini marshmallows are sneaking their way into your grocery carts, Black Friday sales are showing up in commercial breaks, that ultra-rich moisturizer is calling your name, and knitting is looking like a good hobby to take up (maybe I’m getting a little ahead of myself). That being said, winter is time for changes… including in your wardrobe! 

No one wants to be cold on their walk to and from classes, almost just as much as no one wants to look like the Michelin Man. Here are some tips to keep you warm and cozy without bulking up your outfit:

1. Layer: Experiment with textures and colors by making the most of what you already have in your closet and layering it up!
  1. Splurge: When it comes to your winter jacket and boots, it’s definitely worth the money to invest in something that will last you all winter or a few to come. Most likely you’ll be wearing these two items almost daily so make sure you’re committed to them!
  1. Accessorize: Stock up on hats, mittens, scarves, leg warmers, earmuffs, and etc.! Winter can be the perfect time to experiment with things that you wouldn’t normally wear in the winter months, like faux fur! They will keep you warm plus they can help you add a little spice to your outfit! 

Sweater

Flannel

Fur Snood

Jacket

Boots