What Kind of Gift Giver Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As Christmas approaches, everyone is frantically searching for last minute gifts for their loved ones—or you could be one of the few people like me who had their  gifts wrapped and ready weeks ago. Regardless, the kinds of gifts you get don’t only say something about the receivers of the gifts, but also about you—the gifter. So, what kind of gift-giver are you this holiday season?

The Over-Spender

You’re given a limit in Secret Santa, yet you go over it every year. It’s totally unnecessary, but everyone’s secretly hoping you’re getting them a gift…

The Under-Spender

You’re the complete opposite of the over-spender, in case that wasn’t obvious. While everyone’s exchanging nice presents, you give something that you probably picked up on the way over at the drugstore. Come on, amp up your gift-giving-skills!

The Re-Gifter

This one could go either way. You either have a nice gift that you didn’t need or that you already had and decide to regift it, or you’re just lazy and give something totally random. Or even worse, you give something old and already used. No tag? No thanks.

The Christmas-Lister

You actually paid attention to what this person asked for, and you can see how happy they are as soon as they open up their present. Success!

The Crafter

You personally make your holiday presents instead of buying them. You are creative and sentimental, just like your presents!

The Attention-Payer

In my opinion, you are the best kind of gift giver. You pay attention to what people want or need, even if they didn’t ask for anything specific. Your giftees will be especially happy that you gave them such great presents this year!

Even though gift giving is an exciting part of the holiday season, it’s not the most important part. Don’t forget that Christmas is not just about the presents, but rather about spending time with your loved ones. So, finish wrapping up those presents and start celebrating! Have a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!