This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Long Story Short… It’s great

I adopted a kitten a little under a month ago, and honestly, it has been great. His name is Mr. Wiggles, and he is three months old. As soon as he got home, he was immediately comfortable and ready to settle into his new space. You may think that since he’s so young he would be a little menace, but honestly, as long as he’s not on the tables he’s an angel. Of course, when he’s playing, you might want to watch your fingers because he does confuse them with snacks. 

One tip I have would be to get the correct kind of litter for your cat, or he’ll probably be extremely confused when he can’t go to the bathroom. I decided to google what kind of litter is best for kittens, and so I got a pine litter. Needless to say, my shelter kitty didn’t like that. For three days he wouldn’t go to the bathroom and only had one accident, which was concerning because he was so small. I think he was trying not to have accidents because he didn’t know where to go. As soon as I switched him to clumping litter, everything was amazing. He hasn’t had an accident since. 

He’s the most spoiled kitten. Whenever someone comes over, he gets more snuggles and people to play with. Oftentimes, they bring him gifts as well. He even has a personalized collar. He’s the perfect balance of snuggly and playful. He loves attention and I love to give it to him. Even my roommate, who isn’t a fan of cats, is warming up to him, which says a lot. Maybe I just got the perfect cat, but it’s like he knows exactly what he is and isn’t supposed to do. He’s seriously the most well-behaved cat I have ever met. I’m so excited for many more years with Mr. Wiggles.

Kylie Carriveau

Wisconsin '25

UW Madison '25 Studying Psychology