Weekly Workout: Study Break Workouts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you’re like me, you’re stuck studying for lovely midterms! BUT, you still need to find time to workout! You could say I’m a bit of a fitness junkie, but I promise if you take just 20 minutes to do this quick workout you’ll feel amazing and hopefully can study even better. So grab a friend or your roomie and get your sweat on! No equipment needed.

Warm up (put on your favorite music and it’ll be fun!)

Jog in place 30 seconds
High knees 30 seconds
Jumping jacks 30 seconds
Repeat

For all squats and lunges make sure to keep your knees behind your toes!
Try not to take breaks in between, but if needed take a breather.

Do all for 30 seconds. If you want a longer or more challenging workout, try 45 seconds to 1 min., and repeat as many times as you can!

Body Weight Squats
Push-ups (on hands and feet or on knees, just be sure to keep body in straight line- no saggy hips and no butt in the air!)
Front Lunges
Squat Jumps
Back Lunges
Mountain Climbers (in plank position on hands, tuck left knee towards chest, abs tight, then right. Repeat as quick as possible with good form)
Calf Raises (standing tall, holding on to something for balance if needed, repeatedly stand on toes and back down. For more of a challenge, don’t let heels touch floor between.)
Split Squats (Jumping Switch Lunges)
Side Plank (both sides, elbow or hand)
Plank Hold (elbows or hands)

And remember- good form is more important than how many you do!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or requests for workouts, whether it be a specific body part, strength or cardio, just let me know.

Katie McDonough is a freshman at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and is currently undecided about her major. She's a fitness junkie from downtown Chicago who spends much of her time reading blogs. She is a soon to be brother of the service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega and is studying to become an ACE personal trainer and/or group fitness instructor. Some of her favorite things include TurboKick, dancing, pizza, her golden retriever Buddy, reading blogs, and watching trashy tv with her roomie!
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com