Want to look sexy on spring break? Join the club.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Spring Break has officially begun at UW-Madison, so what is more apropos than a post dedicated to – you guessed it – spring break?! Since many of us are packing and prepping for a week of vacation fun, I’ve decided to simplify things and create a tell-all guide for having the Sexiest Spring Break Ever.

Choose a week’s worth of fun and fearless ensembles to wear.
Simply install a kick-ass automated outfit-maker a la Cher Horowitz into your dinky college apartment closet. Soon you’ll be donning a yellow plaid blazer/pencil skirt combination that will surely make the guys swoon.

Get a pre-tan.
Getting a tan before you actually go on spring break is all the rage. You’ll look way better than all your peers from the get-go, and experience extreme Spring Break Popularity as a result. This, of course, means that you will have the insider scoop for all the hot parties, and in many instances, actually bring the party yourself. This may or may not carry over into In Real Life Popularity (IRL Popularity), but hey, you’ll always have spring break.

Gaze longingly at the models on the cover of Fitness Magazine.
I tend to operate by the “see the model, feel the model, be the model” mentality, and the week before spring break is no exception. Let these fierce ladies inspire you to eat healthy and exercise often. However, this year I have failed to take my own advice, as an unforeseen obstacle in the form of cookies and several loaves of banana bread from my mother was in my way. Maybe next year, Fitness models.

Pack light.
Nobody wants to be the girl schlepping a 50-pound suitcase through the airport and holding up the entire group. (Been there, done that.) However, there are certain things to remember: camera (to capture all those moments with your LYLAS girlfriends!), shoes (I mean…you always need somewhat of a selection), and undies. That last addition should be pretty intuitive but one of my friends famously forgot ALL of her underwear last spring break and had to go commando, which is a little bit too freeing when you are also wearing a dress.

Mentally prepare yourself for the best week ever!
Seriously, with that attitude, anything is possible, ladies.