This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The perfect type of show for the impatient individual

While it may sound crazy, I feel the need to know what happens at the end of a show, even before I start it. Why is this? To put it simply, I am the most impatient person regarding TV shows, waiting in lines, or anything. For some reason, I have been struggling recently to finish shows with multiple seasons. Trust me, I have had my fair share of How I Met Your Mother and One Tree Hill in the past, but lately, I’ve needed shows that get straight to the point, and this is where limited series come in. Limited series are great, quick binges that get straight to the point. Below are my top five limited series I have recently watched.

5. When They See Us

When They See Us is a four-part series focused on the Central Park Five. The case follows the five boys wrongfully charged with assaulting a woman in Central Park in 1989. This is a limited series, and I am a sucker for shows and movies based on true stories. The series is heart-wrenching and quite addicting. Not going to lie, I finished it in one night.

4. Inventing Anna

Coming in fourth with a mere nine episodes, Inventing Anna features criminal Anna Delvey, her rise to success and how quickly she fell. The show bounces between her life before her crimes caught up with her and current times, when a journalist is deeply delving into her life and putting the pieces together to share Delvey’s story. The characters in the series are incredibly entertaining, and you will be on the edge of your seat as the story unfolds.

3. Clickbait

Adrian Granier delivers his best performance in the shocking and twisting limited series Clickbait. Nick, played by Adrian Granier, is missing and soon appears in an online video saying he will die when the post reaches a certain number of views. Each episode revolves around one character’s involvement in Nick’s disappearance, and the pieces come together as the show continues. I finished this quickly.

2. Candy

Based on the true story, Candy is another limited series following Candy Montgomery. Montgomery was accused of murdering her best friend while also having an affair with the husband of the person she murdered. The show dramatizes the murder in five episodes, but the show’s main point is that things are not always as perfect as they seem. Jessica Biel performs exquisitely as Montgomery as well.

1. The Girl From Plainville

And in the number one spot, The Girl From Plainville, which is also based on a true story (shocking, right?). This limited series tells the story of Michelle Carter, who coerced her boyfriend into committing suicide through a series of texts. The show follows the events leading up to Conrad’s death and Carter’s case and arrest. This show is dark and heart-wrenching but will have you in a trance. 

And there you have it, my favorite limited series of the many I have watched. These shows are the perfect entertainment for someone who doesn’t have much time and is impatient like me.

Hi, I'm Rebecca, a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying strategic communications and pursuing a certificate in digital studies. I am excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and share my writing with everyone!