Thoughts You Have While Walking Through the Grocery Store

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

We’ve all been there. You’re at the grocery store and you wonder if you should just get flowers for yourself or maybe buy in bulk because it’s cheaper. Here’s a list of thoughts you’ve probably experienced one time or another while you venture through the grocery store.

I should really start being healthier. I’ll buy some veggies and make a salad.

Wow, those donuts look really good. I bought healthy food, so I guess I can afford to grab some. I deserve this, right? Yeah, I do.

Yay! Candles! *Smells every one*

Is it cheaper to buy the big carton of Goldfish, or should I buy the smaller bag? *Calculates price per Goldfish*

How do I even know if this fruit is ripe? I CAN’T EVEN GET THIS BAG OPEN.

I should probably use this baby cart. I feel like that’s a good idea.

O-M-G, Oreos. I’m getting them.

Dang, that mom is on a mission. I should move before she runs me over with her cart. I wonder if I can throw my food into the cart from here…

I’m so hungry. I want to buy everything in here.

“Hey friend, you should push me while I’m in this cart.”

If you related to one or more of these thoughts, don’t worry! There is a solution. Always eat before you go to the grocery store, always treat yourself, and the carton of Goldfish is about 30 cents cheaper than buying a small bag. Happy shopping!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!