Ranking My Emotional Support Water Bottles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The best water bottles available

Almost every year I buy a new water bottle. Whether it’s the exact same water bottle in a different color or a completely new brand, I’m always adding a new one to my collection. So, over the years, I have accumulated many support water bottles, and here are my rankings.

5. The Nalgene

This is a classic water bottle, and while it is still pretty popular, these bottles have been overshadowed by all of the newer bottles. These bottles were nice because they were really big, so they held a lot of the water I would need during classes, but they were almost too big because they never fit in my backpacks or cupholders. These bottles also are ranked lower because they weren’t insulated, so my drinks were never cold. There were also no straws, which made them way less convenient than other options.

4. The plastic Camelbak bottle

I think that this was my first ever comfort water bottle. While this is a classic bottle, it loses points because it was usually smaller and it also wasn’t insulated. However, these bottles did have a really nice sippy straw, which puts it above the Nalgene. 

3. The Stanley tumbler

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Stanley tumblers are a little overrated. They are insulated, so my drinks always stay cold, and they have a straw and a sippy option, which puts the bottle above the previous two, but like the Nalgene, they’re almost too big. Because of their shape, they fit in cup holders, but they don’t fit in backpacks which makes them very inconvenient.

2. Owala

These bottles are a combination of everything good from the previous bottles. They’re insulated, so my drinks are always cold. There’s a straw for sipping and a spout for chugging, which is very unique. They come in many really cute and unique colors. And they are a little more convenient than the Stanley tumbler because they actually fit in my backpack. However, these water bottles are just a little bit hard to find, which makes them less attainable than other options. Overall, these bottles are almost perfect, but there is just one other kind of bottle that comes out on top. 

1. Hydro Flask

In my opinion, the Hydro Flask is undeniably the best water bottle. These bottles are a perfect size, so they fit in my backpack; insulated, so my drinks are always the perfect temperature; and there is a straw, so I’m constantly sipping on my drinks during class. There are so many cute colors that are really easy to find. Overall, these bottles are, in my opinion, the best. 

All water bottles have their perks, but these are my go-tos when it comes to finding the perfect emotional support water bottle.

Jenna Trucke

Wisconsin '24

Hi! I'm Jenna and I'm a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Political Science and Journalism on the strategic communication track. In my free time, I like love reading good books and spending time with my friends.