Qdoba’s New Queso

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

On February 10th 2014 at 10:30 am I recieved a life-changing text message from Qdoba: 

My jaw dropped in utter amazement as I began to realize that Qdoba would now be offering MORE QUESO. As a major queso-head, like the #doba4life #quesorunsinmyblood #iinstagrammyburittoseverday kind of girl, I ultimately researched more on the topic. The new “Queso Diablo” featured jalpenos and smokey chipotles to add a spicy flare to burritos. The “Queso Verde” was a fresher queso with tons of cilantro and lime juice providing the burrito with a little more tang.

Naturally, as I make my way to Qdoba,  I asked the friendly worker to sample the two new quesos. I obviously didn’t want to ruin my burrito if I didn’t like the new flavors, so I had to sample them first. As I dipped my chips into this small sample bowl of queso, my expectations were high. I expected nothing but the greatest from my friends at Doba, especially after how much I loved the orginial 3-cheese queso. Unfortunately, all I tasted was disappointment. The Diablo had a red tint to it, probably because of the chipotle sauce, it was spicy and quite flavorful, but a flavor than should never EVER be on a burrito. The Verde had more of that full original queso taste, however, it was subpar compared to the original. I truly believe the original is the best, thus it will remain on my burrito forever. But I suppose everyone has their own opinion. So go out there Doba lovers and try that queso today!