President Obama Returns to Madison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

President Obama will be campaigning in Madison this Thursday, making this his second visit to Badger town within the last two years. The campaign has postponed a trip to Columbus, making room for an appearance in Madison. Wisconsin will be a critical state in this year’s election, with polls showing Obama’s slight lead that is not yet definite.

Larry Sabato, a political expert and director of the University of Virginia Center for politics, explains how “Wisconsin has never left the list of swing states. It’s leaning to Obama, but that’s not the same thing as being secure.” The visit will come just one day after the Presidential debate between President Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Thursday, October 4th
Doors open at 12:00 p.m.

Bascom Mall, University of Wisconsin – Madison 
Entrance at Linden Dr. & N. Charter St. 
Madison, WI

Students interested in attending the event should sign up online to request a ticket. 

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com