This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Whether or not we want to admit it, our parents have done a lot for us. After all, they raised us, fed us, gave us a shelter, and then sent us on our merry way. Our parents have been on this Earth longer and have some great life experiences and advice to share with us.
But for some reason, texting is such an enigma for them. The pagers are gone, landlines are becoming obsolete, and texting is one of the major ways for our parents to stay up-to-date on our daily activities. In the spirit of being stressed out in the middle of the semester, let’s take a moment to appreciate their unique texts and have a laugh or two.

These are all real text messages.

When the new iPhone update makes their texting game a little too bizarre.

When they try to get their point across by using ALL CAPS.

When they are giving advice.

When parents are just being honest.

To sum it up, our parents sure know how to make us L-O-L at their texts.

Hi! I'm a sophomore at UW-Madison studying Industrial and Systems Engineering. I'm currently obsessed with Einstein Bagel's Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee, anything/everything brunch, and Broad City.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!