This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

There is no better way to show your sense of style (or no style) than on the red carpet… especially at the Oscars. Everyone who is anyone is there, draped in luscious gowns and bedazzled with thousands of jewels. This is the fashion World Series of the red carpet events, and if you’re lucky, you’ll hit a homerun. Here is HC Wisco’s best dressed at the Oscars.

1.     Emma Stone

The “Birdman” star looked positively exquisite in an Haute Couture Elie Saab gown. It was never a question of whether Emma Stone would make our best-dressed list, but rather what exactly she’d wear to inevitably end up on the list. A stunner in green, Emma’s pale skin and red hair provided the perfect contrast. Emma, you keep doing you.

2.     Jennifer Lopez

It is impossible not to mention Jennifer Lopez’s Elie Saab gown. I mean, she looked absolutely stunning, as per usual. The dress was gorgeously embellished, extremely well made, and complimented Lopez amazingly. With her sleek ponytail and minimal makeup, Lopez let her gown take the spotlight, although it’s hard not to notice how gorgeous she is.

3.     Lupita Nyong’o

Although some may say it is hard to top Lupita Nyong’o’s light blue Prada gown from last year’s Oscars, I think she may have outdone herself. Nyong’o showed up in a custom made Calvin Klein gown containing more than 6,000 pearls. She looked like red carpet royalty and simply stunning.

4.     Dakota Johnson

“Fifty Shades of Grey” star, Dakota Johnson, hit the red carpet in a gorgeous fire-engine red gown, surely putting submissive Anastasia to shame. With her signature wispy bangs, a simple ponytail, and bright red lips, Johnson was fifty shades of hot.  Forget the playroom, let’s talk about Dakota!

5.     Zoe Saldana

Having just given birth to twins (YES, TWINS) Zoe Saldana was pure perfection in a blush pink, flowy Atelier Versace gown. The gown perfectly highlighted her post-baby body giving her the most envious hourglass figure. With a criss-cross abdomen and a flowy bottom, Saldana looked stunning.

These ladies definitely brought out all the stops for the most glamorous night of the year. Now if only any of us could afford at least one thing on these gorgeous ladies. 

I am currently a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, pursuing a degree in Strategic Communications within the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. I am also getting a certificate in digital studies. I love all things fashion and food related, and you can almost always find me stalking some fashion blogger on Instagram, desperately wishing I could be them! 
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!