This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you’re looking for a pick-me-up, try putting on one of these films.

Honestly, I am not a huge movie person. I am not one to catch the latest release at the theater or keep an updated Letterboxd account. I am always the last to watch a new movie. I often take my time through tv shows or pull out books to keep myself entertained. However, if I do turn on a film, it is often one that I have already seen – one that I take comfort in rewatching. There are many movies that I find comforting, and I love to rewatch, especially when it is at a stressful point in my life, like a family argument or a surprisingly difficult final exam. If you also take comfort in movies, perhaps you might be inspired to add these three to your watch list.

1. Tangled

I was never a huge Disney fan, but I have always loved Tangled. I think Rapunzel and Eugene have one of the cutest relationships of any Disney films and maybe even all romance movies. The characters are fun. The plot is a little ridiculous. The music is infectious. Every aspect adds up to create the perfect comfort movie. Plus, it is not too long or boring, so there is rewatchability. It might not be the most cinematic masterpiece out there, but it is one of my favorite movies.

2. Penelope

If you haven’t heard of this movie, it is about a young woman who was cursed with the nose of a pig. She believes that the way to break the curse is to marry a ‘blue-blood,’ and the film starts with her journey to find the correct suitor to accept her as she is. It might be a little cheesy, but I still find the message of self-love to be powerful and the romance to be swoon-worthy. If you are looking for a cute film to distract yourself during a stressful time, I highly recommend this one.

3. Twilight

I know, I know, Twilight is cringe-worthy. The acting is not stellar, and the plot has way too many holes in it. However, if you look at it from a less-critical angle, you can see that it is quite comedic and enjoyable. The romance between Edward and Bella was fast, but there is also something genuine about it that I love. If you are looking for a quick escape from reality into a rainy town with vampires and werewolves, this is not a bad option. It’s my favorite, actually.

Overall, I admit that I do not have the most ‘objectively’ good taste in films. I prefer anything with cute romances, quirky characters, and slightly-over-the-top plots. But I enjoy movies that have a sense of comfort to them; movies that make me laugh and smile and want to rewatch. If you are searching for more comforting movies, I suggest giving any of these three a chance. There are many more that I could recommend, but these are the ones I turn to the most.

Sydney Gray

Wisconsin '25

Hey, I’m Sydney! I’m a current sophomore at UW-Madison. I love reading, iced coffee, and making playlists on Spotify.