Mr. Alpha Chi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Looking for something to do Friday night?

Come watch some of UW Madison’s most charismatic, talented young men walk the runway in a male pageant contest hosted by the Alpha Chi Omega sorority! The event will be held at the Overture Center located on State Street this Friday at 7 o’clock, and all proceeds will go to the Domestic Abuse Intervention Services of Dane County (DAIS). 12 contestants will be competing for the coveted prize of Mr. Alpha Chi by performing short skits and performances, and there will also be a dance break featuring AXO sorority sisters halfway through the show. Members of AXO have spent weeks coaching contestants for this night of glory, and are confident in this years talent pool. This year’s contestants include a wide variety of men, including fraternity members, caroling club singers, and Spanish club leaders, so prepare for a show full of unique variety and talent.

For students wishing to give back to the greater community while also having fun, Friday’s Mr. Alpha Chi event is your opportunity to do so. Mariel Lopes, an Alpha Chi Omega member and previous attendee of the event, relays her excitement for this year’s pageant. “The guys [contestants] are so great. Their creativity and talent is so energizing, I can’t wait to see who this year’s winner is.” Tickets are only $12, and will not only improve the lives of abused women and children within the Madison area, but will also open your eyes to some of Madison’s most talented, creative students! See you Friday!