Madison Oie, Campus Representative for Madewell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Name: Madison Oie
Hometown: Eden Prairie, MN
Major: Communications and Political Science

Can you tell me a little bit about Madewell? How did the brand get started?
Madewell began as a denim brand and has grown into a store with a wide range of women’s apparel. They have the best shoes, sweaters and outerwear. Madewell enlists amazing designers like Alexa Chung for specialty collections, and the stores also carry third party brands like Hunters and Sperry’s. It’s also a part of the J.Crew franchise!

How would you describe the “style” of a Madewell shopper?
Madewell describes itself as “heritage inspired with a modern twist.” I personally love Madewell because it has younger and more edgy versions of timeless pieces; it embodies effortless style.

What types of things do you do as a Campus Representative?
I’m going to be hosting a ton of fun events on campus to increase awareness of Madewell. So keep a look out for us!

Are there any promotions going on right now for Madewell?
Well, from now until Dec. 19, there is free shipping on all online orders, which is a nice bonus. There are also some great online shopping events coming up before the holidays especially designed for UW students! I’ll make sure they get posted on the Her Campus event page so everyone can keep track. Also, follow @Madewell1937 on Twitter and “Like” the Facebook page to stay updated.

Do students get a discount at Madewell?
Students do get a 20 percent discount at Madewell stores. Unfortunately, there isn’t a Madewell in Madison. I’m crossing my fingers that a store is coming soon! Until then, keep an eye out for the online shopping events and flash sales.

What’s your favorite item that you own by Madewell?
My Madewell jeans are easily the favorite item in my entire closet. I wear them an excessive amount.

What’s on your Madewell wish list?
As a Wisconsin dweller, my priority is obviously warmth, so I’ve been eyeing the Turnstile Tweed Parka. I also have every single sweater dress on my Christmas list.