Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox: Why Do We Hate Them So Much?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

A sneak peek into the crazy relationship of these two celebs

Unless you’ve recently deleted every form of social media from your phone, it can be assumed that you’ve heard of (and formed an opinion on) the relationship between popular rapper Machine Gun Kelly (MGK) and unanimously worshipped actress Megan Fox. These two made headlines among young people when their relationship first became public, and they started off as an admired couple. Both Fox and MGK generated a lot of fame separately prior to their union, which made the two getting together so popular. However, their commentary (or whatever you would call it) on the relationship soon changed peoples’ minds. If you haven’t seen any examples of this commentary, buckle up. If you have, get mentally prepared to see it again. 

I think the proper way to introduce this pair has got to be with their origin story. The two recounted the experience in an interview with GQ magazine last month, and this is how Fox recalls it going:

“I just remember this tall, ghostly creature and I looked up and I was like ‘You smell like weed.’ He looked down at me and he was like ‘I am weed.’ Then, I swear to God, he disappeared like a ninja in a smoke bomb.”

What. I can’t even decide which is stranger, the conversation or the ninja smoke bomb. Either way, my biggest question is what kind of psychedelics these two were on when this conversation took place. Not that I’m shaming them even, I just wonder if this conversation could ever really happen if either of them were of a clear head. Worse than this though, was how they described this moment, as Fox eloquently continues:

“I think we weren’t allowed to see each other yet. We weren’t supposed to run into each other that night, so our souls, our spirit guides, were luring us away from each other, because you literally had no face, like that thing from Spirited Away.”

Ah yes, the spirit guides. That explains it. Not that you were both violently faded and live in Los Angeles. But perhaps we are judging too harshly, maybe we need to see some more evidence. I present to you, what Machine Gun Kelly said about their first kiss (again from their GQ magazine interview): 

“Even our first kiss, she wouldn’t kiss me. We just put our lips right in front of each other and breathed each other’s breath and then she just left.” 

*Sigh*. It seems redemption is not possible for these two crazy kids. I personally do not see the appeal of breathing anybody else’s breath ever in my life, but I suppose these two are just built different. That’s all they want honestly, is to be seen as different. The classic “we aren’t like other couples” spiel that they keep up by saying these ridiculous things. If you’d like more evidence of this, take a look at their Instagram captions; there is plenty of good content there that I wasn’t able to fit into this article. 

I’d like to point out that we don’t personally know either Megan Fox or Machine Gun Kelly, and maybe they are perfectly normal, wonderful people. I am happy that they seem to be happy, and I don’t wish any sort of downfall on their relationship. It’s just extremely easy to poke fun at them when they give us opportunities like this. Besides, they are much richer and more successful than anybody reading this, so I think we have the right to knock them down a peg. 

Frankie Tarlizzo

Wisconsin '25

hello:) my name is Frankie Tarlizzo, and I’m from Scandia, Minnesota. I go to the university of Wisconsin Madison as a sophomore this year, planning to major in psychology and criminal justice. I love to write, and I have a lot of useless opinions, so I’m very excited to have somewhere to put them now! Hope you enjoy!