Last Minute Spring Break Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Spring break is rapidly approaching and, unfortunately, not all of us have time to plan a tropical vacation. While your friends are basking in the sun in Mexico, or all aboard a cruise in the Caribbean, you can enjoy yourself too. Here are six last-minute ideas you can count on this spring break:

1. Take a road trip.

There’s nothing more fun than grabbing a group of friends and picking a place to go. Whether you travel near or far, there’s something special about road trips. Recommendation: Create a shared Spotify playlist so everyone can jam out to their favorite tunes.

1. Go to a concert or festival.

Look for cheap (or free) concerts around your area; there are probably more than you think. Dress up and have an unforgettable night with your friends. If you’re willing to spend a bit more, consider going to a music festival.

1. Get outside.

Hiking? Skiing? A little fresh air never hurt anyone. Exploring your state’s natural wonders with a group of friends is therapeutic. You could even rent a cabin for an entire weekend and split the cost. No Wifi? Don’t fret- you could use a break.

1. Visit a friend’s hometown or school.

One of the coolest things about going off to college is meeting people from all around the country. Maybe your roommate lives in a city you’ve never visited, or your friend from home isn’t on spring break- visit them. You’ll get to see a new place without having to pay to stay there.

1. Volunteer.

If you don’t want to travel anywhere, a week is plenty of time to volunteer. You’ll make a difference in the community while building your resume. You can pick the place, and whether you pick a local animal shelter or children’s hospital, the experience will be rewarding.

1. Have a baking spree.

Food = happiness. Invite your friends over and bake all day. Recommendation: Look on Pinterest for cute and yummy recipes.

These are inexpensive spring break ideas that don’t require much planning. So, pick one (or four) and enjoy yourself: it is spring break after all.

Ana Hoff

Wisconsin

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!