Kimye Forever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The power couple of the year is FINALLY engaged!

October 22, 2013 marked a spectacular day in the Kardashian family, especially for Kim. Not only did the blonde bombshell celebrate her 33rd birthday, but best friend of years and current boyfriend got down on one knee to ask for Kimmy’s hand in marriage. Sources say Kanye rented out San Franisco’s AT&T Park and lit up the big screen with…. 

and proposed with a 15 karat diamond ring by Lorraine Schwartz (BTW Humphries proposed with a 16.21 karat ring, but he still sucks). The night sky was then lit with fireworks and Roman candles and a 50 piece orchestra played Kim’s favorite songs throughout the night. All of Kim’s family and friends were in attendance, and noone knew about this surprise of a lifetime. Tears of joy struck everyone, and congratulations to the newly engaged couple filled the social media world. The next day, Kim told E!, “last night was so magical, I’m the luckiest girl in the world. I get to marry my best friend!”

Check out the official video on how it all went down. 

So best birthday ever? Congrats to Kimye, and cheers to marriage filled with love and happiness, can’t wait for the wedding!