This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Yes, we go to THE University of Wisconsin-Madison. Without fail, I always get goose bumps just thinking about it. Bragging to people is inevitable. Academics, sports, beauty, fun, tradition, pride- we’ve got it all…and then some. With Homecoming quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to celebrate our school, and recognize our amazing alumni who have shaped this institution to what it is today. Kathy Giudice, a member of the Homecoming Committee, shows her dedication to UW-Madison and commitment to making this the best Homecoming ever. With the Michigan State game, Halloween weekend, and all of the fun Homecoming events, I don’t think that will be a problem. Get ready Madison, you’re in for a treat!

Why did you choose to be a part of the Homecoming Committee?
Last year, when choosing what school to go to, whenever I would mention to someone that the University of Wisconsin was one of my options, people’s responses were always so excited. I felt that people who did not attend here when they were students still thought so highly of the school, and once I made the decision, it seemed that people could not agree more that I had made the best choice. Coming to school here instilled that enthusiasm in me, and every day it continues to grow more and more. When I heard about Homecoming committee, I could not wait to have the chance to help incorporate my pride and help plan a celebration that commemorates this wonderful institution.

How many people are on the Homecoming Committee?
Now, I am on the committee of 44 students.

What do you do when it’s not Homecoming Week? Are you still busy?
Yes, everything we have been working for since last spring is about to pay off next week, Homecoming Week! For the past 2 semesters, we have been planning the variety of events for the week, working to make each day the best possible.

Do you have a specific role in the group? What’s your favorite part about it?
My personal position is Involvement Coordinator. I work within the logistics of the group, striving to make sure every person on the committee is at their best. Each week for the General Member meeting, I, with the other Involvement Coordinator, plan an activity that either builds leadership, team building, or fun activities to relax. We also have been working on goal tracking for each individual member. I love my position because it focuses on the ins and outs of the committee, and allows me to see it from each perspective, not just the perspective of one event.

Homecoming kicks off Sunday October 21st. What’s in store?
Sunday’s community service event is the beginning of the week’s events, and I could not be more excited to begin! Everything is finally all together, and I know the hard work that everyone has put into it will for sure pay off. We have a lot of teams signed up this year, and with the global theme of Community Service, we are taking the Wisconsin Idea to a whole new level. This year is also very exciting because we’re playing Michigan State, and it is also Halloween Weekend. It is going to be an awesome week, and everyone can and should get involved! I am so thrilled to experience Homecoming this year, and I cannot wait for others to see it as well!

Tricia Fishbune is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She plans on majoring in Communication Arts, and eventually wants to work in the entertainment industry in either journalism or public relations. Aside from writing, she loves to hang out with friends, meet new people, travel, exercise, and try new things. 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com