It’s No Longer “JUANuary”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This season of The Bachelor has introduced the newest and most eligible bachelor, Juan Pablo. One could say he is pretty popular as he brought in more views for The Bachelor’s season premiere than any other bachelor the past three years. His season started off strong, as he had many lady viewers thinking he was Prince Charming, but as January came to a close he seemed to have lost some of his Venezuelan magic.

The most dramatic episode thus far aired on Monday, February 3 and left many of his fans disappointed. Juan Pablo brought one of his bachelorettes, Clare, to tears as he accused her of making him look bad in front of his daughter. Clare had asked him to go for an early morning swim in their newest location of Vietnam, and Juan Pablo accepted. Nobody knows what really happened in that ocean but from it seems, it wasn’t so innocent. The following morning the “daughter conversation” took place. Juan Pablo has played the “daughter” card on numerous occasions, most of them relevant, but this time he was out of line. It looks to me like Juan Pablo decided to show his true colors and remind everyone that his Prince Charming demeanor has its flaws too. He certainly didn’t think twice about making a woman feel bad for his own mistakes. Ultimately, the smooth talking Venezuelan proved to be a pretty boy on the outside but a not-so-pretty boy on the inside. As my mom would say, “He makes me laugh. He’s so cute. But he’s so dumb.”