If You Didn’t Do These 5 Things You’re Not Ready for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Many of us day dream about escaping from the cold weather. The work, exams and chores of our college lives are quickly replaced with simple rest and relaxation. These much anticipated trips bring along a great level of preparation. To be really ready to lounge on the beach with a drink in hand, make sure you’ve done these five things:

1. You’ve found the perfect bathing suits

Loving all of your bathing suits will not only make you feel better in them, but also not stress you out about getting ready for the day. Try to venture away from all the basic bathing suits popular at the time and get some that will make people stop to compliment you. It is also possible to find suits you love at a reasonable price. And don’t forget to pack extra just in case…

2.  Your diet paid off

The haunting spring break diet is different for everyone, but definitely necessary in preparation for being in a bathing suit the majority of the trip. Nothing feels better than looking good in your tan. Make it a point not only to eat healthy, but to work out as well for the best results. Hopefully you have been seeing progress over time and are looking forward to showing off your beach body!

3.  You got a pile of cash 

Whether you worked 40 hours a week or your parents chipped in, spring break is expensive. You should always have cash on you at all times whether its to buy a drink, or more importantly get a cab back to your hotel from a late night out. Be sure to be smart and not gamble it all away. You don’t want to be the individual leaving the casino with empty pockets.

4.  You’ve packed medication in case of an emergency

It is better to be safe than sorry. Bring all possible medication that could be of use during your trip. In case you get sick from unfiltered water, get sea sick, have a stomach bug from strange foods, or simply catch a cold from not sleeping if is useful to have medicine nearby. You never know what you may need in these far off resorts.

5. You have plenty of sunscreen and aloe

Falling asleep on the beach could turn into a painful awakening. First off, you should make sure you have proper suntan lotion with a high enough SPF on at all times. In the case that you didn’t put enough on, forgot to reapply, or simply was too lazy to go back to your room to get, aloe would be of use to you. No one enjoys those painful showers following an intense sunburn.

No matter where your spring break destination is, the time has come to start preparations and countdowns! We’ll be ready for you soon spring break 2k16!