How to get a good deal online

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Every girl loves to shop online. Clicking through the likes of Shopbop.com, Singer22.com and Shopplanetblue.com are my favorite activities to do during my free time (or dare I tell the truth and say in class)! The one thing that pains my heart is when I click “add to cart” and realize how much money I am spending. As a college student, currently without a job, and with parents who don’t like to support my shopping addiction, I needed a solution. And then I found my lifesaver: discount shopping websites.

Gilt
Gilt was the first website I heard about. My hairdresser told me about a $700 Burberry jacket she got for only $125! Granted this is still expensive but the discount part intrigued me immediately. I went to the website when I got home and was pleased to see that becoming a member was free. Every day there are sales for new clothing designers and accessory designers. Sometimes there are even hotel and restaurant deals. Gilt just fed my new addiction to shop online with discounts.

Rue La La
Rue La La is another one of my favorites. It is just like gilt, with free membership and discounts, but I like their jewelry more. I go to Gilt for clothing and shoes, whereas Rue La La has great accessories. A favorite ring of mine is a Rue La La purchase for $300 cheaper than its original price.

Editor’s Closet
Editor’s Closet is a great website for designer discounts. Designer shoes, sunglasses, accessories and bags are all sold on this site. If you want to splurge for a designer item, but you don’t want to spend your life savings, you should definitely go to this site.

Rent The Runway
Rent The Runway is a girl’s ultimate dream. It is a $1000 Herve Leger dress for $50. It is a $900 Diane Von Furstenberg dress for $40. Rent The Runway allows you to purchase EXTREMELY cheap designer dresses. The catch is that you have to return it when you’re done. You get a certain amount of time to wear the dress, snap some pictures, put them on Facebook and then send it right back to where it came from. This website is the perfect go-to for special events such as formals, weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, etc.

So ladies those are my favorite discount shopping websites. Now go sign up and add four more websites to your already monstrous repertoire of distractions during class.