Hottest New Music App Pow Wow as Told by How I Met Your Mother

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you’re anything like my friends, we all love to hog the speakers at the pregame. You see the cord to the speakers unattended for a hot minute and run to play the next song but …someone beat you there. And you’re not happy.

They make a solid music choice, and you’re like, “I guess I’m okay with this”

But why can’t everyone contribute to the playlist without switching out a phone every other song or arguing over who’s in control. I mean who’s sick of hearing “house rules” when you try to contribute?

Pow Wow is a free app that allows you to make collaborative playlists in real time, letting you seamlessly DJ with your friends in the moment. Just use one phone with a Spotify premium account (students get premium for just $5 a month!) and all your friends can sign in to the Pow Wow and add music to the playlist.

Everyone will be happy and sharing the music they love.

And it’s super easy to use! Just have one friend choose a base playlist, invite your friends to help you DJ, and everyone who has the password to the Pow Wow can pick their favorite songs to listen to without those awkward silent pauses to switch phones playing music.

This app will seriously change the way you party. You may never want to leave the pregame again to listen to the basic music they play at the bars. Perhaps you open up your very own bar called Puzzles?

I’m clearly having How I Met Your Mother withdrawals. 

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com