Healthy Snacking How To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

So we are finally in full swing of classes, which means exams, exams, exams.   And if you are anything like me you tend to stress eat everything that comes in your path.  While the entire bag of potato chips may look appealing in the moment, it has absolutely no benefits.  However, there are some delicious snacks that you can enjoy with no guilt and can actually help you study.  It’s a miracle, right?!

1. Walnuts and Blueberries

This is the perfect mixture of salty and sweet!  The walnuts contain healthy fats that can actually reduce that ADD tendency to check Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…you get the picture.

1. Apples and Peanut Butter

An easy on-the-go snack is sliced apples and peanut butter.  This combination is the perfect way to control a sweet tooth… especially when studying

1. Skinny Pop Popcorn

With only 39 calories per cup, this is your perfect solution if you just need something to munch on.  With no artificial additives, Skinny Pop has my vote in certified exam snacking!

1. Greek Yogurt

Probably my favorite go to snack is the Chobani Flip Cup.  Not only is the Greek yogurt healthy and going to fill you up, but the little extras in the “flip” of the cup can add some sweetness such as almonds, mini chocolate chips, flax seeds, and much more.  My personal favorite is the Key Lime Crumble, but there are also flavors like Almond Coco Loco, Raspberry Choco Fix and many more!

No matter which snack you decide to munch on while studying, I assure you that not only will you feel better in the morning having skipped out on some greasy potato chips, but choosing a healthier option may actually help you learn the content and do better on an exam.  With so much variety, there really is no excuse not to enjoy a healthy snack to keep the studying less painful.  Have fun munching and good luck on exams, Badgers!

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com