Guys Take On: Miley Cyrus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Miley Cyrus… She’s the most talked about sensation in the media right now! From her past as the sweet childhood star to her recent crazy antics, this girl is for sure the hottest pop culture phenomenon. But how hot is she really? What are guys thinking of this madness? I spoke to three UW Madison students to see how hot (or not) the Miley Cyrus craze is.

1. What are your thoughts on… Miley Cyrus in general?

“Great girl.” – Jeppe

“She’s got my attention…” – Matt

“I don’t really have a problem with Miley. She’s just doing what every other privileged white girl does…just, better.” – Chris

1. What are your thoughts on… the good girl gone bad change? Has Miley improved from her Hannah Montana days?

“Pretty hot. I always knew she had a wild side and I’m glad to see she blossomed.” – Jeppe

“I gotta say worse, back in the day I had a bit of a crush on Hannah, and I really thought she was my dream girl.” – Matt

“She’s just following in the footsteps of other great Disney burnouts: Ashley Tisdale, Lindsey Lohan, Demi Lovato etc. It’s practically tradition. Has she improved? Hell yeah.” – Chris

1. What are your thoughts on… twerrrrkin’ Miley?

“She can twerk for me anyday.” – Jeppe

“If you got it, flaunt it. No complaints here.”  – Matt

“Twerk it for me, Miley” – Chris

1. What are your thoughts on… Miley pretending to be pregnant with the rapper Juicy J’s baby?

“Little disappointed it’s not with a better rapper.” – Jeppe

“Can’t help but think a stud like him could of done better.” – Matt

“You know what Juicy J can’t say no to. I’m just disappointed it wasn’t Chief Keef.” – Chris

1. What are your thoughts on… Miley’s latest music videos? (twerking with stuffed animals, swinging around naked on a wrecking ball, rapping about Michael Jordan in a barely there jersey…….uhm what)

“Better to watch it on Vevo, it’s a lot less censored.” – Jeppe

“I wish she’d wear my jersey…” – Matt

“I wish I was the wrecking ball.” – Chris

I’d go ahead and say guys have a waaay different take on Miley than I do, so ladies take note. Looks like it’s time to start following in Miley Cyrus’s footsteps…(kidding, sort of).

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com