Guys Take On: Going Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Madison is one of the greatest college towns to have a drink in, and no one knows that better than us Badgers.  Whether you’re at sophomore slums, the bars, or find yourself on frat row, it’s likely you’re having a good time.  We decided to ask some local (hilarious) college guys what their thoughts are on girls’ going out habits to see if there really is a right way to spend your weekends.

Where’s the best place to pick up a girl on a Friday night?

Joe: You can find girls anywhere, the easiest being at a bar or a fraternity house, but I’m looking for a woman. I haven’t found where they’re hiding.

Kevin: My contact list/HAWKSSSSSSS

Sam: The basement of our frat castle.

Ryan: The line at Qdoba at 2:45 a.m.

Payten: www.singlesofmadtown.com works well… I heard it from a friend.

What’s the greatest thing you’ve witnessed on a night out?

Joe: Probably not appropriate for this survey.

Kevin: Santa pulling bad girls.

Sam: We stole a 100 lb. pole that was in the ground blocking the driveway to the Kohl Center and carried it 5 blocks back to my buddies’ house. 

Ryan: I once was at a party and there were alcohol bottles filled with highlighter fluid in a room. I saw some girl grab one of the bottles and take a big pull thinking it was booze.  I thus explained to her the implications of drinking highlighter fluid, and she continued anyway, leaving those pearly whites glowing brighter than ever.

Payten: So this girl was drinking highlighter fluid…

Vodka Girls or Whiskey Girls?

Joe: Who cares? I usually don’t notice.

Kevin: Whiskey—means they’re tough. 

Sam: Don’t care as long as they drink something.

Ryan: As long as the vodka bottle has highlighter fluid, I’m cool with it.

Payten: Well, whiskey makes it easier to buy in bulk.

What’s the worst thing a girl can do on a night out?

Joe: Be superficial or shallow

Kevin: Not being open to a good time

Sam: Cry

Ryan: Puke up highlighter fluid on my floor

Payten: Puking, it becomes everyone’s problem

Girls who dance on a table/bar/couch ledge: fun or floozy?

Joe: Depends… where am I?

Kevin:  Fun no question, depending on the dancing.

Sam: Do not like them, because they broke my couches last year.

Ryan: “If you build a house on sand, it will fall.”

Payten: Wait… some don’t?

Describe the best kind of party girl.

Joe: A girl who can both enjoy and respect herself while out.

Kevin: Knows how to be the fun girl, not the out of control one.

Sam: Can handle their liquor without getting sloppy, and will go to a bar and listen to repeats of Pearl Jam and Creed until the sun comes up.

Ryan: One that drinks highlighter fluid then proceeds to make out with my best friend.

Payten: She’s not a “woo” girl… WOOO! WOOO! You see how annoying that is?

So, there you have it, Badgers.  Going out is about having fun and letting loose, but don’t let yourself get too carried away.  According to our guys, you may find yourself with glow-in-the-dark teeth or a broken couch to replace.  While the drink in your hand may not matter to some, your attitude is most important of all.  Have fun and don’t forget; Qdoba, 2:45 a.m.  It’s a date.

Olivia is a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison with big aspirations in PR and advertising. With a love for writing, beauty and confidence, she’s making it through college one step at a time.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com