This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Greasy hair and no dry shampoo? Use these quick tips to look presentable

Waking up with greasy hair, no dry shampoo, and no time can be an awful start to the day. When going to class or hanging out with friends, it can feel like a million people are staring at your head. This insecurity can easily result in a lack of confidence during other parts of your day, such as giving a presentation or completing an interview. So, instead of giving a less-than-best performance, here are three fun ways to disguise your greasy hair, giving you the confidence you need to get through the day. 

The first way is a slicked-back ponytail. In order to achieve this look, you’ll need gel, a bristle hairbrush, a comb, hair spray, and a hair tie. First, you part your hair in the middle, then pour gel onto your hand and spread it on either side of the part. You then comb your hair back into a ponytail, as usual, making sure that the gel is evenly spread and that the part remains intact. You may need to add more gel depending on your hair type. Then, you do the same on the bottom half of your hair, making sure to slick it back. Once you’re satisfied, tie it off with a hair tie and spray your hair spray where necessary. 

The second way is best described as a slick half up-half down. First, you split your hair in half, taking the two front pieces and clipping them off. Then, part your hair horizontally at your ear and use your hair gel and brush to slick back your hair. Tie this section off with a hair tie and spray it. Lastly, unclip the two front pieces, and you have a cute half up – half down hairstyle. 

The third and final hairstyle is a slicked bun. Refer to the first style for the first few steps. However, this time you slide your hair gel down your ponytail. Separate the ponytail into two even pieces and tie them into a knot twice. Then, take a small rubber band and tie off the knot, making sure to leave excess pieces outside of the hair tie. Finish the look with hairspray. 

With these tips, you’ll never have another greasy hair day!

Sophie is currently a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is studying English, Creative Writing. She enjoys reading romance novels, fashion design and sewing, listening to music and meeting new people!