Five movies you should see right now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This completely irrelevant and arbitrary post stems from the fact that I am in a finals/senioritis/permanent lethargy-type coma, and I have recently spent far longer than is appropriate or necessary researching upcoming movies. I also recently renewed my subscription to Entertainment Weekly, which has substantially boosted my all-encompassing cinematic knowledge. So, without further ado, I bring you my FMYSSRN list. Bon apetit.

1. The Five-Year Engagement
Jason Segal and Emily Blunt are utterly adorable as an engaged couple who relocate from sunny Cali to blustery Michigan for Blunt’s job. You know the deal: they try to make it work, their funny pals pop in, hilarity ensues.

2. The Hunger Games
Do you live under a rock? Go see it.

3. Friends with Kids
Strangely not getting the press it deserves, but basically the same cast as Bridesmaids. What could possibly be the downside to that?

4. 21 Jump Street
Surprisingly hysterical. A goofy movie heavy on the pratfalls, but really fun nonetheless. I saw it with my mom (I’ll leave you to make assumptions about my social life…), and we both loved it. Also Channing Tatum is hot.

5. Think Like A Man
Haven’t actually seen it yet – whoops. But I swear every single magazine is calling it a hit so…we should probably see what the fuss is about.

*Honorable Mention: Be on the lookout for the sexy, ridiculously addictive series Fifty Shades of Grey on the big screen. Fan bloggers are all a-twitter with who should be cast as the seductive, impossibly handsome Christian Grey. My vote goes to Ian Somerhalder.

Katie is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications.