Find Your Balance: Live Lokai

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Hey Badgers, looking for the perfect stocking stuffer, Hanukkah or Christmas gift?  Look no further!

Meet the lokai bracelet.  Not only is it a fashion statement for men or women coming in three different sizes (small, medium and large) and an affordable price perfect for us college students ($20 with 10% of proceeds used to give back to the community… awesome, right?!), but also portrays an amazing concept:

Find Your Balance.”

Steven Izen, founder of lokai found himself at an extreme low.  While relaxing on a beach with his family and taking in the beautiful moment, he suddenly found out that his grandfather had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.  Life threw a curveball at him.  How can life make you feel so euphoric and then instantaneously leave you to feel numbed with sorrow?

When life threw a curveball at Steven, he faced it in a positive manner and grasped this opportunity to reflect on his life.  Instead of being upset with this sudden news, Steven realized where his life had taken him and how lucky and grateful he was to be in such a rewarding place. 

The black bead of the bracelet holds mud from The Dead Sea: the Earth’s lowest point.  This bead represents Steven’s feeling of being at his lowest point.  When life gives us difficult situations, we should reflect on the black bead and remember to stay hopeful. 

The white bead of the bracelet holds water from Mount Everest: the Earth’s highest point.  This bead represents “feeling on top of the world.”  It is at these moments that we must remember to always stay humble. 

The clear beads represent our own life and the stories we create.  While we endure experiences of intense high and low moments, we must always remind ourselves that every other moment of our life comes with significant value and meaning.  Like the clearness of the beads themselves, it is important to maintain clarity in these times. 

Connecting these two opposite elements of nature with clear beads gives us a visual reminder to stay hopeful, humble, and keep moving forward.  Steven created this bracelet to remind us that life is full of cycles and it has its highs and lows, but the key is to remain balanced.

(Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, and Arian Foster all wearing their lokai bracelets)

As you can see, this bracelet isn’t just a piece of jewelry.  The lokai bracelet has specific pieces that embody various cycles of our lives: the pain we may experience, the paths we take to overcome said pain, our day-to-day interactions that may contribute to the bliss we encounter.  This bracelet is the epitome of creating a peace of mind, and I applaud Steven Izen for founding such a compelling idea.

For more information on the UW-Madison campus:

CONTACT INFO

Feel free to call/text Sarah Snyder with any questions or if you’re interested in purchasing a lokai bracelet.

Contact info:

(716) 341-4137

saresnyder12@yahoo.com

SOCIAL MEDIA

Twitter: @livelokai

Instagram: @livelokai

Website: mylokai.com

Tag any of your tweets/instagrams with their twitter or instagram usernames and you could be featured on their site!

ON WISCONSIN and LIVE LOKAI!

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com