Dogs of Her Campus Wisconsin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Everyone has heard the saying, “A dog is man’s best friend”. But who says that a dog can’t be women’s best friend? Here at Her Campus we love our furry friends, and we’d love to show you just how amazing they are. If you love cute dogs, keep scrolling!

Tucker

Tucker is a Mini Australian Shepherd. He’s a people-puppy and LOVES to socialize, especially with his own kind. Tuck spends his days lounging on the couch watching Gossip Girl on Netflix while his family is out. When he’s outside, he likes to meet up with his many girlfriends on the block (Roxanne and Jessie — not kidding). Though Tucker has a rather mischievous side, at the end of the day, he’ll be the first one begging for a cuddle-sesh.

Lucy

Lucy is a 7-year old chocolate lab from Minneapolis, Minnesota! Some of her favorite activities include napping, playing outside with her humans, going on walks, and barking at the neighbors. When she’s not stealing food from the table, Lucy also enjoys going on car rides and having play dates with her cousins, Ranger and Bella. Lucy is happiest when there is company over, especially when all of her humans are home from school!

Bella and Milo

Meet Bella and Milo Hartman, affectionately referred to as “Chunky Monkey” and “Wild Man,” respectively. Seven-month-old Milo got a rough start when he was thrown out of a moving car as a baby but has adapted quite well since being rescued by the Hartman fam. Whereas ten-year-old Bella enjoys napping on the couch and begging for treats, Milo’s ideal day consists of playing with his big sister for hours on end. When not terrorizing Bella, Wild Man’s favorite activities include biting his humans’ toes and chewing on the carpet. These munchies rule the Hartman household with an iron fist, and we couldn’t imagine our lives without them!

Olive

Olive is a 2 year old Beagle/Dalmatian/Cocker Spaniel mix (good luck finding another one of those!). She was born on a farm in Mississippi and was rescued by a shelter that brought her to Wisconsin to be adopted! Her favorite things to do are play tug-of-war and play with her best friend, a Labradoodle named Rollie. You can follow all her adventures as a dog in suburbia on Instagram, @olive_niles, where she posts often.

Leopold

Leopold is an Airedale terrier born in April of this year and he’s on his way to Instafame! He’s part shark because he loves to swim and bite things (watch your fingers) and he enjoys belly rubs, the Spice Girls, the New York Knicks, and carrying/chewing on sticks! Leo is super stubborn but you can’t help but fall for his spirit! Follow his adventures toward Instafame @leopoldtheairedale.

Toby

Toby Rashid, brother of Maddie Rashid, is a sassy 11-year-old Golden Retriever. He loves greeting family or guests at the door with his favorite red kong in his mouth, long 6am walks and eating any type of human food. He doesn’t enjoy cuddling as much, but will take you up on an upside down belly rub any time of the day. Toby is a little camera shy, however, he’s not shy when it comes to meeting new friends!

Moxie

Meet Moxie Pitzo. This pup has both the personality and physical resemblance of a lovable grandpa. She has no concept of personal space and enjoys pretending she can have an actual conversation with you. Moxie is obsessed with all creatures that move, but her favorites are the human kind. She expresses her joy and excitement at meeting new humans by shoving her head in people’s crotches and licking them constantly. This cutie loves eating food out of the garbage, cuddling with her blanky, and following her mom around every waking second of the day.

Whether they spend their days napping or trying to eat our food, we love them just the same. We hope we were able to show you how great they are and you love them just as much as we do — maybe even enough for an Instagram follow!

Chloe Billstrom

Wisconsin '20

A junior studying Sociology, Spanish, and Global Health who also has a love for writing and languages.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!