This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

For all you non-single ladies out there: are you tired of your boyfriend’s awkward, thrown together outfits and want to dress him yourself? Here’s how you can, WITHOUT having to physically dress him.

Rather than trying to drag him along with you to the mall, try giving him subtle hints that you want him to dress differently. Boys can be especially obtuse and not completely comprehend everything you say. When you want to start letting him know you aren’t too fond of his clothes, make hints often enough that they are noticed, but not overdone. You don’t want him to feel pressured or get upset that his manliness is being questioned or undermined.

Okay, those dirty, baggy jeans have to go. Perhaps suggesting that they are outdated may make him defensive… but if he really loves them, remind him that fashion is sometimes painful. This often works for basics— t-shirts and jeans, the everyday man staple. 

Suggest going shopping together and picking out outfits for each other. This way you can both see how the other would like you to dress, AND you decide who has the better fashion sense. If he’s not really into that idea, bribery and flattery are key! To capture his attention, suggest that he would look hot in a certain shirt or pair of pants, and you really want him to try them on. There’s no way that he could possibly resist dressing better for you! I guarantee once he tries them on and gets your approval, he will be a proud new clothes owner! You can also make a bet, such as if he doesn’t look totally sexy in something, you will pay for dinner next time. Guys always like a challenge, but if you are picking out the outfit, he is likely to lose this one.

Sometimes guys really just stick to what they know, so trying a new trend isn’t always so easy. That’s where giving him some clothes for a birthday or Christmas is great! You could also point out items other people are wearing and suggest he try them out. This can be a fun way for you to be with one another, but also is an undercover way for you to get your point across.

If none of these work for you, then I give you permission to literally try dressing him every morning. Best of luck! 

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com